Based in Sydney, Australia
PC / Mac
A shadow puppet adventure about light manipulation, curiosity and lost art. Projection is a game in which you control a light whose shadows can be used as physical platforms to solve puzzles and explore new and wonderful worlds rooted in the historic tradition of shadow puppetry.
Shadowplay Studios flagship title, Projection started development in 2015. The idea came about when Michael Chu had fun making shadows on walls from a low hanging ceiling light. During Global Game Jam 2016, He made an early prototype which many developers showed interest in. Teaming up with artist and animator Yosha Noesjirwan, they then looked for inspiration for drawing shadow puppets. At the time the game was developed in game maker. Without a lead programmer, the game suffered technical limitations and is currently being remade again in 2016 using the Unity engine with a new programming team from the well established Sweaty Chair Studios.
- Unique shadow casting mechanic to create physical platforms you can walk on
- Striking visual aesthetic based on the dying art of Shadow Puppetry
- Adventure through the thick jungles of Indoneisa to the smoggy skies of Industrial era London, each locale with its own visually striking art style
- Atmospheric music and stunning audio
- A touching story about curiosity, multiculturalism and a lost art
Projection Reveal Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Finalist - Play By Play" April, 2016
- "Projection is much prettier than Limbo."
- Amanda Yeo, Kotaku
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Michael Chu on Twitter
Personal twitter account of Micahel Chu (@mysc08) twitter.com.
Yosha Noesjirwan on Twitter
Personal twitter account of Yosha Noesjirwan (@mysc08) twitter.com.
About Shadowplay Studios
Shadowplay Studios is a small indie games team based in Australia. Our aim is to create games with innovative mechanics and unique experiences.
More information on Shadowplay Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.